Thursday 5 May 2016

So enough time has passed, and enough parts have been changed, that I can now consider Juliet version 2.0.

I built her with XT M785 brakes originally. The pads on those kept getting contaminated. I thought it was a quality issue and upgraded to XTR M985 Race brakes.

That worked for a while. Then the rear brake started squealing and losing power. Warrantied that.

Then the front and rear went. Warrantied those.

The replacements went again. Told Shimano / Rodalink that I had lost faith in their product. They replaced with brand spanking new XTR M9000.

Front started squealing, pulled the pads out, found fluid on the pad backing metal plate. Looked like a seal leak. And rear had a wandering bite point that has been discussed in forums.

Enough is enough. 

So, new brakes. And new wheels because new calipers don't fit Crank Brothers Cobalt.

And here we are.





Stopping power is on par with XTR M9000. More linear though. 

I'm loving it. Trust God, but Buy XTR Hope

No comments:

My photo
Lose the ring. Throw the grenade.

Most read