Monday 27 September 2010

There are very few sure things in life.


But one of them is that I always give attention to whoever I am responsible for.

My writer asked

My sales people asked ...

My designer asked

My boss did, too.

And my cousin asked.


Granted, only one of them was male.

But have I ever ever given you the wrong answer?

Who still has a job today?

And who has ever quit because, or in spite? of my advice?


I know about quitting. If there's a thing worth having, I walked away.

I'm the fucking quitter expert.

Except for my cat.

Him, I laid everything down for. I did everything right, but he died anyway. But such is life. There are the misses and the hits.

I may have a new cat soon though. As soon as I decide that leaving this company is as good as leaving this cat. But he may also die as soon as I take him in.

So ... What do I do?

I fucking hate abandonment. But worse than that, maybe... is indifference...

Not nearly as easy to differentiate from abandonment?


I share your confusion. But I'm not interested in which it is... because I was there. Every fucking night that it mattered. My cat leaves traces on me that cannot be done away with detergent. So what have you left behind on those you care for?

You're either there or not there. I was there for my cat, I did my best, but it wasn't good enough. I weep when I see his photo.

Your best will be judged, too.



But some day we must all move on.

Ain't life complex?

No comments:

My photo
Lose the ring. Throw the grenade.

Most read